The initial appointment is for a preliminary clinical examination to determine if there is a need for orthodontic treatment. We will advise you of the general nature of the problem and the necessary corrective treatment.
During the initial appointment for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
If treatment is indicated, diagnostic records will be taken to enable the doctor to determine specifically what problems are involved and what will be necessary for correction. We will take impressions for upper and lower study models, facial and oral photographs, cephalometric head x-ray and panoramic x-ray. The fee for this appointment is $157.00 and is due at the time records are taken. (Please do not eat one to two hours before the appointment.)
The specific problem and a plan of treatment will be discussed in detail. For minors, we request that both parents and patient attend the consultation appointment. The fee for the entire treatment, its anticipated length and the necessity for cooperation will also be discussed.
You will receive your professional treatment by appointment. When circumstances prevent you from keeping a scheduled appointment, please advise the office 24 hours in advance. This will enable another patient to be given your time.